Sunday, April 17, 2016

One Month Status

I feel like a one fingered pianist. All I do is talk about how easy this recovery has been, but the truth is that it's been a really easy recovery. Before surgery, I figured I'd start seeing light at the end of the tunnel, but I feel like I'm about five feet from the end of the tunnel, and that's just because I still can't lift much for another nine days. Then it's just a matter of getting back in shape over the following six months, but that's the fun part.

There have been some issues, like how my hip has a sore tendon that's making it hard to get up to the sort of walking speed and distance I'd like to be at. My torso is kinda sore and the muscles are still adjusting to not having to hold things together as much as before. That said, I sang for two hours at a rehearsal the other night, have gone out for dinner, have gone shopping. I'm even wearing jeans and shorts and letting shower spray hit my incisions. Hands over head!

At this point, I'm not going to post any more to this blog unless there's actual news. 

Thanks as always for the good thoughts. Recovery is always easier and better when so many wonderful people are pulling for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment